A couple of weeks ago, we launched the BY NAME INITIATIVE as we seek to mobilize our church for focused intercessory prayer on behalf of those who do not know Him. It is a commitment to pray every day until Easter for at least one person by name asking for God’s saving and renewing grace to break into their life. You can read more about this here
We want to encourage you as you continue praying for your friend(s) by name, that they would respond to God’s rescuing love for them. One way we can pray is by praying God’s word back to him to help us focus in prayer and assure that we are praying according to God’s desires. Consider using the following Scriptures as a guide or aid in your prayer:
- Lord, I pray that you draw __________ to yourself. (John 6:44)
- Lord, I pray that __________ would hear and believe the word of God for what it really is. (1 Thes. 2:14)
- Lord, I pray that __________ would seek to know you. (Acts 17:27)
- Lord, I ask you to prevent Satan from blinding __________ to the truth. (2 Cor. 4:4, 2 Tim. 2:25-26)
- Holy Spirit, I ask you to convict __________ of his/her sin and need for Christ’s redemption. (John 16:7-14)
- Lord, I ask that you send someone who will share the gospel with __________. (Col. 4:3-6)
- Lord, I also ask that you give me the opportunity, the courage, and the right words to share with __________. (Col. 4:3-6)
- Lord, I pray that __________ would turn from his/her sin and follow you. (Acts 17:30-31, 1 Thes. 1:9-10)
- Lord, I pray that __________ would put all of his/her trust in Christ. (John 1:12, 5:24)
- Lord, I pray that __________ would confess Christ as Lord, take root and grow in faith and bear fruit for your glory. (Rom. 10:9-10, Col. 2:6-7, Luke 8:15)
(Adapted from Crossbridge Church).
We can’t wait to see what God will do as we pray for our friends and take faith-filled steps to invite them to consider God’s rescuing love for them!