We thought we would do something a little different this year in our service on December 27th. On the Sunday after Christmas, people are still trying to sleep off their turkey hangover and moving at a slower-than-average pace. We are calling the Sunday after Christmas a shared life gathering because church is family. Church is relational. It’s a place where we share our lives with one another. Paul described it this way in 1 Thessalonians 2:8: “So, being affectionately desirous of you, we were ready to share with you not only the gospel of God but also our own selves, because you had become very dear to us.”
We will meet at our normal time on Sunday, but this will be a relaxed time for our church family to connect, enjoy a light breakfast, study the Bible, and share our lives with one another. This will not feel like a normal service. This is what we want you to do:
– Dress comfortably.
– Arrive by 10:30 AM to enjoy a light breakfast of bagels, fruit, and coffee on us!
– Grab a seat with friends or family.
– Laugh and interact with the PreK-5th grade children who will join our service.
– Get to know a few people a little better.
– Open the Bible, interact, and see what we can learn together.
– Leave encouraged and enjoy the goodness of Jesus and His people.
Our goal is to create a space to breathe, connect, laugh, grow, interact in Bible study, and live out the gospel together as friends. It may feel a little outside-the-box at first, but we think it will be a fun, laid back, rewarding time together. We hope you will join us.