Next Saturday, June 13th, 3 of our members will be flying to Ecuador to join a larger mission team consisting of 10 from the US and 10 Ecuadorians. Here are some highlights about the trip, what they are hoping to accomplish, and how you can partner with them in prayer.
DAY 1: Working with Fundacion Agustin Tomala (Foundation) in Guayaquil
- The team will be very tired from traveling and this will be a very busy day. Pray for safety and strength
- The team will be serving how ever they can here primarily ministering to women and children with AIDS
- Grandmothers are often left with the financial responsibilities. The foundation teaches them basic business skills
- They will also be ministering to teens, teaching Christ and abstinence
DAY 2: Serving at Fanny’s Church
- Fanny is a courageous church planter faithfully serving her community and demonstrating the love of Jesus
- The team will serve how ever they can to help further the mission in her community (building, praying, coaching, etc.)
DAY 3: Drive 2.5 hours to El Enpalme to offer medical help.
- The team will be serving a church plant that has thrived and grown over the past two years
- All though the church is thriving, the people are poor and cannot afford medication.
DAY4: 5 hour bus ride to Ambato to join a larger mission team.
- Will help with clinics for new churches being planted outside the city
- Pray for Victor the medical supply truck driver and Kaycita who is a physician to be able to carry out their work unhindered and with great success!
DAY5: Drive into Quito
- The team will enjoy some tourist activities in the afternoon before catching the midnight flight.
PRAYER REQUESTS FROM THE TEAM:
- Pray for approval from the government
- Pray for each new member of the mission team, that they will be blessed and know the nearness of God
- Pray for God to touch the hearts of the people in each place they serve.
- Pray for God’s love to to be seen in the team’s actions and that they would be drawn to salvation in Him.
- Pray for strength as the work will be hard and long with little rest
If you would like to receive email updates from the team while they are away, please email [email protected] and we will get you added to the list!