Students, it’s time for our Winter Retreat! 9 square, bonfires, friends, gotcha, teaching, and games. You don’t want to miss this! Parents save the date on your calendars, and students make sure to invite your friends. This is a chance for us to grow closer as a group, learn more about the Gospel, and make a ton of memories.
The theme of this year’s retreat is “Rooted.” We are going to explore what it looks like to do things a little differently by staying rooted in Christ, rooted in community, and rooted in the promises of God. We will explore topics like:
• Why should I believe the promises of Christ?
• The implications of the cross
• Investing in spiritual friendships
Being a Christian is more than going to church or youth group once a week. We believe that God wants to have a personal relationship with each of us. Whether you are completely new to church or have been around a long time, this can be confusing to figure out. Our goal is that you will leave the retreat with a desire to develop a real, personal relationship with Jesus.
SPEAKER: MARK HOFFMANN
I was born and raised in Fort Worth, Texas. I grew up in the church with godly and faithful parents who loved and took care of me and my two older sisters. God has opened my eyes to see His sovereign hand all over my life, and ultimately how He, alone, is responsible for my rescue from sin. Thankfulness fills me when I think about my rescue from depravity. I spent two years serving at my home church, in the student ministry, being discipled and ministering to students there while also working towards a bachelor’s degree at the University of North Texas. God worked things out perfectly by closing one door of ministry there and opening another one at The Village, where I could finish at UNT and then begin studying at Redeemer Seminary.
• Cost: $55 per student (includes transportation, food, and lodging)
• Dates: February 17th through 19th
• Location: Jacob’s Ladder Camps in Chandler, OK (http://www.jlcamps.com/)
• Deadline to sign up is Feb 5th
• All students must have a parent waiver filled out before attending
• We will be leaving on Friday, February 17th, at 6:00 PM from John Ross Elementary at (1901 Thomas Dr, Edmond, OK 73003)
• Students should either eat before being dropped off, or bring a take out dinner with them Friday night to eat on the way
• Parents, pick up your students on Sunday, February, 19th, at 12:00 PM from John Ross Elementary (1901 Thomas Dr, Edmond, OK 73003)
• Scholarships are available if you are in need, please email us at [email protected]
•The RSM Winter Retreat is open to any student grades 6th through 12th
• For more information, visit the RSM information table located in the church Next Steps area
• There are plenty of ways to volunteer and serve at the retreat, email [email protected] for more information