Sunday we continued our study in Ephesians: The Mystery of Us, and looked at Ephesians 5:1-21. As Pastor Jeff shared, we are all tempted to live apart from the character of Christ in all areas of our lives
(click here for audio). This
passage helps us see the importance of purity in all areas of our lives, and provides us a way out of darkness, and into the light.
Here are some tools to help live out this message:
Discussion Notes: As you are exploring how to live this out in your redemption group, with friends or family, or on your own, please also consider using these Discussion Notes as a part of your personal devotion time this week.
Resources on Sex:
- A Celebration Of Sex: A Guide to Enjoying God’s Gift of Sexual Intimacy – Douglas E Rosenau
- Intimate Issues – Linda Dillow
- The Wounded Heart: Hope for Adult Victims of Childhood Sexual Abuse – Dan B. Allender
- The Fantasy Fallacy: Exposing the Deeper Meaning Behind Sexual Thoughts – Shannon Ethridge
- Closing the Window: Steps to Living Porn Free – Tim Chester
- Homosexuality and the Christian: A Guide for Parents, Pastors, and Friends – Mark Yarhouse
- Do Ask, Do Tell, Let’s Talk – Brad Hambrick
- Washed and Waiting – Wesley Hill
Resources on Marriage:
- The Meaning of Marriage: Facing Complexities of Commitment with the Wisdom of God – Tim Keller
- Sacred Marriage: What If God Designed Marriage to Make Us Holy More Than to Make Us Happy – Gary Thomas
- What Did You Expect? Redeeming the Realities of Marriage – Paul David Tripp
Counseling: If you might benefit from counseling, please let your group leader and/or pastor know. We can recommend counselors who may be able to help.
If you have any questions or would like some help navigating these resources, please contact Pastor Chris Gray at [email protected].